How to design the future of your business
Boardroom Creativity advocates a creative yet practical approach for leaders who want to re-imagine and innovate their business for success–at board level and beyond.
- 178 Pages
- 21 August 2023
- ISBN: 9781781334065
Do you want to take your business to the next level, but don’t know where to start?
Boardroom Creativity advocates a creative yet practical approach for leaders who want to re-imagine and innovate their business for success–at board level and beyond. Packed with exercises and examples, and using the nine tried-and-tested principles that underpin successful business transformation, this book will enable you to:
- Recognise the key drivers of change for your business
- Identify the shared purpose and values of your organization to accelerate transformation
- Involve and empower internal and external stakeholders
- Design and safeguard the future of your business to cope with change and uncertainty
- Create an innovation culture and lead by example
- Redesign your board to stay future-proof
Fennemiek Gommer is a purpose-driven strategy and innovation consultant. She complimented her industrial design study with degrees in design thinking, brand strategy and business in the United States, Italy and France. She enjoys applying her international perspective and design approach to a wide range of business challenges, which is why she ended up as a boardroom consultant. Her specific expertise is in future-led strategy development and connecting people and ideas. Besides being a partner of Caracter business innovation, Fennemiek is chair of the board of several family-owned businesses, ambassador for the INSEAD Directors Network and lecturer Business Transformation at NCD Governance Essentials.
Anne Mieke Eggenkamp pioneered digital design surfing on the growth of world wide web and tech developments when she started her own creative studio with a Canadian partner after studying graphic design. Her passion for helping people grow led her to complete a second degree in education and take on her role as chair of the Design Academy Eindhoven. She now acts as an innovation partner, specializing in circularity and sustainability, leadership development and designing board room learning. Besides being a partner of Caracter business innovation, Anne Mieke is chair of the board of several scale-up companies, and she lectures about ambidextrous leadership at ScaleUpNation and Comenius.
Together, Anne Mieke and Fennemiek run Caracta Business Innovation. Learn more at www.caracta.com
“Boardroom Creativity is a very useful guide when you know it’s time for something different but you’re not sure where to start. It gives a clear process and practical tools on how to design your future direction, leadership development, and even create your board.”
– Lino Tedeschi, Chairman and CEO of TESYA Group, Milan, Italy
“Boards are at the forefront of guiding organizational renewal to handle the unprecedented amount of change in the world. This book shares insights for how to approach innovation from board level and shows why you need to rethink your board work to stay future-proof.”
– Liselotte Engstam, Chair and Board Director, Researcher and Advisor, Stockholm, Sweden
“This is a book for those looking for inspiration on creative business development that also recognizes the importance of fair processes. I recommend it warmly.”
– Ludo Van der Heyden, INSEAD Chaired Professor Emeritus in Corporate Governance, Fontainebleau, France
“A timely message to change your business for the better. The authors’ insights will propel your management teams to higher levels. The result is a clearer purpose, better focus, and more impact.”
– Guus Verhees, Impact Investor, Managing Partner SHIFT Invest, Randstad, The Netherlands
“I loved reading this book and am using it already. Today’s complex business challenges require a creative approach that goes beyond brainstorming, and the examples and exercises inspired me to try out new ways of working.”
– Kerstin Stranimaier, Global Strategic Marketing Director of Huntsman Corporation, Basel, Switzerland
“Creativity is like energy or oxygen – you only realize how important it is when it’s absent. Boardroom Creativity shows how to translate the abstract world of imagination and dreams into tangible realities. Creativity is what makes the progress of mankind possible.”
– Arash Aazami, Entrepreneur, System Innovator and Energy Transition Expert, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Creative courage is essential for entrepreneurship – and it’s a discipline – not a given. Applying these nine principles will help you to create remarkable opportunities.”
– Oscar Kneppers, Entrepreneur, Investor and Board Member, Amsterdam, The Netherlands